Reflection for the week 5 AUGUST - 11 AUGUST
Genesis 1:1-5 NASB
1In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters. 3 Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.
Psalm 148 NASB
1Praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord from the heavens;
Praise Him in the heights!
2 Praise Him, all His angels;
Praise Him, all His hosts!
3 Praise Him, sun and moon;
Praise Him, all stars of light!
4 Praise Him, highest heavens,
And the waters that are above the heavens!
5 Let them praise the name of the Lord,
For He commanded and they were created.
6 He has also established them forever and ever;
He has made a decree which will not pass away.
7 Praise the Lord from the earth,
Sea monsters and all deeps;
8 Fire and hail, snow and clouds;
Stormy wind, fulfilling His word;
9 Mountains and all hills;
Fruit trees and all cedars;
10 Beasts and all cattle;
Creeping things and winged fowl;
11 Kings of the earth and all peoples;
Princes and all judges of the earth;
12 Both young men and virgins;
Old men and children.
13 Let them praise the name of the Lord,
For His name alone is exalted;
His glory is above earth and heaven.
14 And He has lifted up a horn for His people,
Praise for all His godly ones;
Even for the sons of Israel, a people near to Him.
Praise the Lord!
- God commanded and the world was created. He spoke order into chaos
“He has also established them forever and ever; He has made a decree which will not pass away.” (Psalm 148:6)
- He is above all created beings, and is worthy to be praised
- Jesus came into this world to win the battle against the chaos in our lives
- While we often say “God is in control”, we should rightly declare “God is Lord over chaos”
- When He speaks truth into our lives, chaos is subdued
- Praise Him who is above all things, kings and kingdoms.
- Trust in Him in all things for He is able to keep you and protect you.
(Jude 24-25 NASB)
“24 Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, 25 to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.”
Father of creation, unfold your sovereign plan
Raise up a chosen generation
That will march through the land
All of creation is longing
For your unveiling of power
Would you release your anointing
Oh God let this be the hour
Let your glory fall in this room
Let it go forth from here to the nations
Let your fragrance rest in this place
As we gather to seek your face
Ruler of the nations the world has yet to see
The full release of your promise
The church in victory
Turn to us Lord and touch us
Make us strong in your might
Overcome our weakness
That we could stand up and fight
Let your kingdom come
Let your will be done
Let us see on earth
The glory of your son
For the political affairs of our Nation
- Those in leadership will be united to bring about peaceful working relationships so as to build up the Nation
- Those in leadership will be steadfast in looking after the welfare of the people and exercise wisdom in their care and concern for the “rakyat”
- Our elected leaders will be men and women of integrity, truthful and transparent in all their dealings, and people who exercise mercy and justice
- Let us praise God for His word to us, that “God is Working” and that we have the “assurance” of His favour and power in our lives
- That Calvarites will reach out in evangelism and missions knowing that this is the will of God
- That we will rise above the testing times which we are facing now and be victorious as we put our trust I the Lord